This time we're bringing you Salmon Poke Bowl 🍲
Nutritious, balanced and most importantly, delicious!
The poke bowl is a native Hawaiian dish that became popular in the United States and is increasingly known around the world. It is characterized by unifying in a single dish marinated fish, rice, sesame and other ingredients such as avocado, fruit or seaweed. In Kokoa Store we propose the basic recipe with tuna. Keep reading and discover with us how to make salmon poke with avocado.
- 450 grams of fresh salmon (lean)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pinch of ginger paste
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- 1 glass of sushi rice
- ½ glass of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of crushed peanuts
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Cut the tuna into cubes and set aside for a moment. To make the real tuna poke, the ideal is to use bluefin tuna, however, other types of tuna can also be used.
- Peel the garlic and mash it to mix with the ginger paste.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and lemon juice and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, and the tuna marinade is ready.
- Add the fish cubes to the marinade and mix so that the tuna is well absorbed by the flavors. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the instructions on the package and drain. If you don't have sushi rice, you can use the type of rice you have at home to make the tuna poke bowl
- Heat the sugar with the rice vinegar in a frying pan. Add a pinch of salt and, when the sugar has dissolved, leave to cool and pour over the rice.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and cut it into cubes or slices, whichever you like. Divide the rice into two bowls to start the Hawaiian tuna poke.
- Distribute the avocado in the bowls and place the marinated tuna on top. If you prefer, you can mix the avocado with the tuna and add this mixture over the rice, both options are valid!
- Take the nori seaweed and cut it into very thin strips to place on top of the tuna. Finally, sprinkle the sesame seeds and chopped peanuts.
- Et voilà! Now you can enjoy this delicious tuna poke with avocado and peanuts, an authentic Hawaiian poke with ingredients that we can all have at home.